When is a tooth extraction necessary?
A tooth extraction procedure is necessary if a tooth is decayed or irreparably broken. Depending on the condition of the tooth, extraction procedures include: simple tooth extraction and surgical tooth extraction
How long will it take for my gums to heal after a tooth is extracted?
This depends on the general, post-operative care, size and position of a person’s tooth.
Simple tooth extraction
If your tooth has completely erupted, the wound from the tooth extraction should heal within 7-10 days. The gums will usually close completely in about 3-4 weeks after tooth extraction, and the bone will grow back in about 3 months.
If your tooth is inside your gums (it hasn’t completely erupted or is badly broken), recovery will take a little longer. Healing will last from a week to 3 weeks and it will take about 8 weeks for the hole to close completely. Avoid brushing, flossing, or panting chewing near the area to be treated during the first few days.
Request a free quote.
We will reply to you in 24 hours
Questions and answers
How long should I wait before removing the gauze after tooth extraction?
After the surgical procedure, apply pressure (bite) on the gauze for about 1 to 3 hours to allow for clotting.
What can I do to help make the extraction heal faster?
Continue brushing (lightly) and flossing. This is to prevent infection. You should avoid traumatizing the extraction site, so as not to injure the wound.
Take medications as prescribed, including over-the-counter medications like Panadol.
Rest well and limit your physical activity during the recovery period. Physical activities increase blood pressure and heart rate and, in turn, will induce bleeding.
What should i avoid after tooth extraction?
- Avoid eating sticky and hard foods such as nuts, sweets or chocolate, shells and hard meat which could end up getting lodged in the extraction socket.Your neigh-boring teeth may still be sensitive.
- Don’t drink anything hot or extremely cold in the next few days.
- Avoid drinking alcohol.
- Alcohol dries out and prevents blood clots from forming. This can cause a dry grip which is painful.
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid vigorous physical activities.
What are the common consequences of tooth removal?
- The wound may bleed for a few hours.
- You may have a fever and chills, which could indicate an infection.
- You may feel nauseous or feel like throwing up.
- There may be swelling and redness at the surgical site.
- The area can hurt, which it can essere gestita dagli antidolorifici prescritti.
Your first visit
Many people who visit Dental Experts Albania have questions about cosmetic problems, including stained and discolored teeth. On your first visit, you will receive a full series of X-rays, a thorough exam, cleaning, and time to speak to your dentist (expect to spend approximately 90 minutes in our office).
We will review your exam, talk about how you would like to improve the appearance of your teeth, and discuss a treatment plan.
First of all: Prevent
We believe that the best cure is prevention, prevention is undoubtedly better than cure. When prevention is no longer possible, we try to catch it in the bud.
Each appointment starts on time, with the least number of waits possible.
Heal with a smile
We know that no one is looking forward to going to the dentist. So, we go to great lengths to make your experience at our office one of a kind. See for yourself!